If you are an international student who really wants to study finance, the United States is the best option that provides you with endless opportunities of self-development and offers you a chance to get proper education. So, if you are wondering what are the best schools, colleges, and other educational establishments, where you can obtain education in the sphere of finance, please read this article and get to know some new information.
The Unites States is known all over the world for its top finance schools. So, if you are planning to study finance in the USA, you will want to know which places you should go to.
Top Five Most Popular Places to Study Finance in the USA
- New York City. No wonder that New York City is regarded as the world’s finance capital. This city is home to almost every existing financial institution. For example, New York can boast of the headquarters of the most influential and prominent investment banks as well as the other institutions located on the Wall Street. There are more entry-level workplaces and opportunities for finance internship in New York than in any other US city. Among the most widely known finance schools located in the USA are Yale, Columbia, New York University, and the University of Pennsylvania. Apart from the best opportunities for studying, New York City offers numerous interesting options on how to spend social and cultural life, entertain oneself, etc. Thus, this city will obviously be appealing for overseas students.
- This city truly deserves its #2 rank among the American cities that offer the largest number of opportunities. One may find numerous brokerage firms and large banks here. Most importantly, the best known Chicago Board of Trade and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are situated here. The most popular studying program for finance students, which you might be interested in, is also here – in the University of Chicago. The city is also a great place to live as it offers you numerous possibilities for entertainment, chances for working out and keeping fit as well as interesting venues where cultural events are held. However, do not go to Chicago if you cannot handle extremely cold temperatures in winter
- It may come as a surprise for you to find Boston on the list of the most popular places for studying finance, but still the city is well known for hosting headquarters of the world’s largest banks and large asset management firms. However, the financial job market in Boston is not as stable as in the other big cities without taking into account jobs in the sphere of investment banking. Numerous Boston schools specializing in financing as well as the known worldwide Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University offer students great educational programs. Besides, the living conditions and weather in Boston are friendly. You can easily find an affordable place to live. Besides, when you decide to settle in Boston, do not miss an opportunity to visit numerous interesting historical sites and places of sightseeing.
- San Francisco. If New York City is the finance capital of the whole USA, San Francisco is known as the finance capital of the western USA. The city locates numerous brokerage and investment companies and offers the biggest opportunities for people who want to involve themselves into the technology sector and finance. Take, for instance, the Silicon Valley, which is regarded as a global capital of venture capital industry. Stanford University and the University of Berkeley offer a big variety of academic programs in finance. If you are interested whether the weather conditions will be favorable for you, I must assure you that the city has moderate weather conditions, but it is mostly cloudy and foggy. Regarding where you can spend your leisure time, the city offers you a chance to drink into the pristine nature and enjoy beautiful landscapes. Besides, the cultural life here is vibrant as well.
- Washington, D.C. The city is not only famous for being home to the National Federal Reserve, the US Treasury Department, and different financial regulatory sectors but also for the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. The city has actively evolved in the financial sphere, so you are most welcome to apply for studying here as well, for example to such schools as Georgetown or American.
As you see, there is a broad range of educational opportunities in the USA and you can choose to study finance in any of the above mentioned cities you want.
You may find these beneficial:
Study Finance in the US How to Start Careers in Finance? Study Corporate Finance and Become a Competitive Applicant