Tourism Internships in the US

Choosing the Proper Visa

International students who want to participate in tourism internship in the USA have a great chance to make their dreams come true. Hospitality and tourism industries perform an important role in developing the economy of the United States. Therefore, a lot of attractive options are available to interns. For example, one may do their internships in the area of marketing, management, tourism development, etc.

No matter what internship program you choose, you need to meet the imposed requirements. The GPA of international students has to be above the 2.0 point. Moreover, the age of non-American students should range from 18 to 26. One more demand is that international students should be in the process of obtaining their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, senior students or graduates can participate in internship. In addition, one should be fluent in English in order to enroll on internship programs in the United States within its hospitality industry.

Our membership

In the USA, there are a number of organizations that can help students find the companies offering wonderful internship opportunities. Using the placement services is rather useful. Such agencies can assist international students in satisfying visa regulations, getting accommodation, and finding the desired internships. You should know that a large number of placement agencies are rated by the Better Business Bureau. They give firm guarantees on participating in internships.

One should keep in mind that the process of getting visa and a work permit can be rather complex. International students following a certain academic program are usually given an F-1 visa. It allows them to apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) status if their internship relates to their research area. After being enrolled on the chosen internship program, international students have to go to the student office at their educational establishment and fill in the required form. Note that the acceptance procedure may be rather lengthy. Thus, you need to clarify how much time it may take. After approval, students’ I-20 form will confirm they can undergo OPT or CPT.

Exchange scholars or students can come to the United States on a J-1 visa as well. Such a visa is usually sponsored by a specific internship program a student is going to complete. It is worth emphasizing that students who have this type of visa need to leave the USA within 30 days after completing their internships. Additionally, they will not be able to come to the United States again within the period of 2 years. The point is that students study in the USA with the aim of acquiring knowledge and particular abilities. However, they should apply both in their home countries.

High Quality Writing call us Live chat Order now

One more option for students desiring to participate in tourism internship in the US is obtaining the H-2 visa which is mainly used for doing summer internships. During this period of time, students will gain relevant but less specified work experience in the field of tourism. If you have this type of visa, you can work as a ski-instructor, front desk agent, etc. If you are focused on getting more administrative internship expertise, you should get the F-1 or J-1 visa.

It is known that tourism as well as hospitality industry are essential sectors of the US economy. That is why a lot of international students decide to go to the USA to receive excellent education and participate in tourism internships to gain valuable experience. One may get the appropriate visas and work permits through their educational establishments or by participating in internships.

People also look for:

Tourism Management in the US